YPAS recently hosted our Young Person’s Awards night at The Black-E, Great George Street, Liverpool. It was a fantastic night to celebrate and showcase how proud we are of our young people. YPAS are a leading Liverpool charity, delivering mental health services for children, young people and families. And it was an honor to bring together some of the people we have recently worked with.
The award categories were as follows:
- Advocate of The Year – Young people who have used their voice to represent someone else who could not speak up for themselves.
- Young Ambassador (x3) – Our winners of this category have been selected because of their hard work, commitment, and dedication in ensuring the rights of young people are taken seriously.
- Future Leader – Young person with the most potential to go on and do great things for their community.
- GP Champion – Our GP Champion has been selected for their commitment to the creation, development and delivery of a training resource which encourages GP practices within our city to model best practice when working with young people.
- Out & Proud – Young LGBT+ activist of the year
- Confidence & Self Esteem – The winner of this award is a perfect example of someone who has developed their confidence and self-esteem by actively engaging within our service.
- Trans Role Model – Young Trans* person that represents their community with the most passion.
- Community Carer or Young Carer – Someone who provides this level of care whilst continuing to pursue their own aspirations, which is truly inspirational to all that know them.
- Team Player – Young person who unites a group
- Incredible Years – For commitment to the Incredible Years program and the ongoing process of change.
- Mountain Climber – Young person who has faced so much adversity but has risen above it all and conquered it.
- Family – A family who have risen above their difficulties to change their lives for the better.
- Young Parent of The Year – Young person who has worked hard at being the best parent they can be.
The night was a huge success.
The Chair of YPAS Trustees Andy Kerr, who is also Programme Delivery Manager (Mental Health) at Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group said:
“Well done to all the young people who received an award the YPAS ceremony! I know the awards are a small sample of all the massive achievements made by children and young people at YPAS day in day out, and that nominations are generously made by young people themselves for one another. I was immensely inspired by everyone who took part – winners and nominations alike. Truly a wonderful night!!!”
We are so proud of all of the young people and families that access YPAS services and we hope you enjoyed the night as much as us!