Fantastic project in Liverpool for young people. Street League is the UK’s leading sport for employment charity. At Street League you play sport everyday and learn the key skills to move into work.
YPAS Drop-In service supported young people with this opportunity by arranging a meeting with the Street League team.
Quick Overview of the project:
- For 16-24 year olds.
- 8 week programme.
- Qualification: Skills to employment.
- Travel reimbursed.
- For great commitment shown; £50 NIKE voucher.
- Supports young people to build confidence and raise self-esteem levels.
- Incorporates dance and a little Exercise for those that are interested.
- 2 weeks works experience in an employment setting with organisations.
- Make new friends.
- Learn new skills.
- Grow in Confidence and self-esteem.
Three young people from YPAS have now signed up for the project which is fantastic. We wish them good luck with the programme!
Our YPAS Drop-In staff help young people to identify their abilities and encourage them to meet their potential in an environment that is conducive to their needs. The Street League opportunity is one of many opportunities that our staff can support young people with.
For more information about street league please visit http://www.streetleague.co.uk